Thursday, February 18, 2010

"Wild West" Cowgirl Party - Yeehaw!

This was an awesome Western Cowgirl party! The venue was a wonderful small local zoo called The Little Ponderosa.

The cake. What cowgirl wouldn't love this??

Behind the cake, you can see the treatbags. Each child's bag had their names on them with hay string and a cowgirl cardstock. Inside was plastic snakes, sherrif badges, cowboys and indians, wanted signs for the kids pictures from the party, themed candy, and much more. Little kids who wouldn't appreciate the bags got stick horseys instead. I found them at the local dollar store!


All of the children got nametags when they got there of a "Wild West" person. The birthday girl was "Annie Oakley" This was very fun as everyone tried to get into the persona.

The cow"girl" hat cookies. They were a hit. I used treat bags and just wrapped them up in them. I think it made quite an impact.


Again, I didn't take good pictures of all my tables. I am usually too busy, but behind the girls, you can see the table clothes used as well as the centerpieces, barbed wire, lanterns, old milk jugs, galvanized buckets, and boots. (I also used these for another party)


The menu:
hotdogs, homemade chili (by my mom), chips, corn on the cob, pasta salad (with wagon wheel pasta), baked beans, and all the condiments. We used the old speckled pots and bandanda serving plates, like you see with the cookies. Bandana plates and napkins. It was super wild west!

The invitations: (I will have to find a picture of them) They were shaped like a boot (handmade) and it had a brad that made the boot swivvle open with the invite wording inside. It was sooooo cute. Will post a pic as soon as I find it.

The brown packages with the blue paisley and tied with hay string.
Can you tell they were from me?


They kids all got endless pony rides as well as access to the whole zoo featuring llamas, goats, chickens, snakes, a playground, and much more.

Everyone had a great time getting dressed up their cowboy and cowgirl best.


No comments:

Post a Comment