Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Dr. Seuss Birthday Party


This was my twins' 3rd birthday party. I loved planning this one because Dr. Seuss is so versatile. The ideas are endless!!


All the food was named with themes and each table was a different Dr. Seuss book. My tables were: Cat in the Hat Comes Back (since Cat in the Hat was part of my food table), Green Eggs & Ham, The Grinch That Stole Christmas, Horton Hears a Who, Oh The Places You'll Go,

& The Lorax.



First up, the Cat in the Hat parfaits. I had seem a few different versions here and there, but decided to do my own with plastic water glasses in the wedding section of the dollar store. We added whipped cream on top and a little Swedish Fish candy for decoration.




What Dr. Seuss party would be complete without green eggs??





One fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish...these were a hit for the little ones.




Green Eggs...and Ham




Freezy cheese that made the fleas sneeze




To make ham sandwiches we had "Yooks butter-side up" bread


"Shells of great-great-grandfather snails.



"Nook Hook Cook Book" Hot Dogs
(you have to know the book)


This was my attempt at making a the Cat's hat tray. Use your imagination!



The veggie tray was "Hunches of Bunches"



Then we have (chips) crummies in tummies!




And of coarse, the Pink Ink Yink Drink (pink lemonade)







The cupcakes were made by me. They were Thing 1 and Thing 2! I loved these! I was going to do the cotton candy on top like I had seen before, but it melts so fast, and the blue icing I mixed came out the perfect color and I just pulled it with a fork to make crazy hair and viola!









Each table had quotes from Dr. Seuss books relevent to the story. Everyone loved going around and reading them and picking which table they were going to sit at.


The fish from Cat in the Hat in the teapot!


My favorite table- Horton hears a who. On the clover, I put a sign that says, "A person'a a person, no matter how small."



My talented mom made the green eggs and ham out of felt and a kitchen towel!




My twin girlies and their shirts from Etsy.










The "pops" were tagged, Hop of Pops.





Can you see the little red box? That has Thing 1 and Thing 2 hopping out of it.


The treat bags. Horton for girls, Cat in Hat for the boys, and One Fish Two Fish for the birthday girls! They were filled with Dr. Seuss stuff I got at Target in the dollar section, plus some little ideas of my own. Cat in the Hat hats, pencils, makers, erasers, memo boards, note pads and gold fish, buttons - all Dr. Seuss!





I made the Lorax trees out of pom poms, and stuck the pipe cleaners in play-doh to dry.





The fabulous Thing 1 and Thing 2 cakes for the girls.






Cat in the Hat Cake

by my mom.

IncrEdible cakery


This party was a huge hit! I didn't plan any activities for the kids because I ran out of time, but they had a great time anyway. We were going to do pin the tail on the Cat.




The silly girls leaving the party

11 comments:

  1. Found you when doing a search for a Dr. Seuss party. LOVE your ideas!!! The parfaits, deviled eggs - the simplicity of the Goldfish crackers! What a GREAT PARTY! :) Thanks for sharing all your ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing!! I love Dr Seuss and i was looking for ideas for my son's first birthday! So creative, its great! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Party!! Check out my sons Dr Seuss Party at www.preparingforparker.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow... I can't wait to do my daughters Dr. Seuss party in April I will certianly be using some of your ideas. You did a GREAT JOB!!! Where did you get the treat bags? They looked like canvas. Were they in the Target Dollar Section or did you get them on line?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got them in the dollar section about a year before. I noticed a few months ago that they had them again. I'd say around Feb-March (which is Dr. Seuss bday). Might be a good time to look for them there.

      Delete
  5. I am a new follower. I came across you googling dr. suess parties! I LOVE your ideas here I can't wait to put some into action. I will definitely send you a link with my party plans as i blog about them :). Thank you for doing this, just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. good game would have been pin the hat on the cat!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! What a cool party! So cute! If I had twins I would do the same theme- adorable! Great Job!

    Dr. Seuss Party Supplies

    ReplyDelete
  8. I found the bags and treat bag stuff at Target in the dollar section, about a year before the party. I bought them up and kept it on hand for the party.
    We didn't get to the games as we ran out of time, but pin the hat on the cat would've been a great game!
    Thanks for looking!

    ReplyDelete
  9. wowwww looks like a fun party!!! Where did you get the treat bags at?

    ReplyDelete