Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Modern Tea Party Shower

Fabulous



The table setting - Zebra and pink plates with utensils tied in a fan napkin. Black placemats and doilies for the awesome plastic tea cups I found. Centerpieces were teapots and teacups with polkadots and flowers! So, so girly and sweet!


This was a baby shower I did for my best friend who was finally having a little girl after having 2 boys! I wanted it to be girly girl but still modern. This is my Modern Tea Party! Zebra print, hot pink, and polkadots were the colors for the Tea Party. The invitations pink polkadot trimmed with a zebra tea pot.

This was one of the favors. They were teabags that were zebra or polkadots and they had a string with the "tea" tag attached that said, "Thanks a latte!" They were fabulous!!

This was my homemade sign that says, "Join Scotlyn for tea-time" with the mama to be.



The tea bags in tea pots. I also made a zebra scrapbook for photos from the shower.

The drink table. I wanted it to be seperate like a tea-serving cart.

I loved the set-up of our food table.

Centerpiece was a black teapot with hotpink and white flowers


Cookies by, you guessed it, my mom! They were sooo cute! We had teapots, teacups, and square zebra cookies with monogram S, for Scotlyn.

Strawberries dipped in Pink Chocolate and sweet white chocolate baby bottle suckers.
Yum Yum

Isn't this cute?? We took Zebra cakes, instead of doing petit fours. and monogrammed them S. Topped it off with the sweetest polkadot tea set I found.

The watermelon carriage. A classic.
And TADA...the baby bottom cake and teapot cake. These were spectacular. So perfect for the theme. Every little detail was precise.
Little teacpus with candles... I HAD to add these pictures of the home-made bear my mom made for her. This was her baby blanket (an old pillowcase) that was really not in good shape. There wasn't much left of it. My mom took the fabric and made a bear. This was the sweetest moment ever! How NEAT that the fabric already had zebra print in it. It was only 29 years old!!
I love it when they cry tears of joy!

1 comment: